Dear Portland Families:
Hall School offers a district wide program of choice called Many Rivers that serves grades one through five. At this time each year, Portland parents are invited to tour the Many Rivers classrooms and learn more about the program to see if that is an option they would like to explore for their children.
Many Rivers was established over 25 years ago as a program of choice for families across Portland Public Schools.
So what makes Many Rivers unique?
- Many Rivers students remain within one cluster of classrooms for their entire Hall School experience.
- Movement between Many Rivers classrooms (grades 1 & 2 and grades 3-5) is fluid, allowing children to develop longstanding relationships with multiple teachers and several different groups of children.
- Children in grades 3-5 serve as mentors for younger Many Rivers students.
- Learning experiences incorporate the arts and the greater Portland community.
- Many Rivers parents play an integral role in learning activities at school, through a strong volunteer base.
- Many Rivers is open to all Portland Public School students in grades 1 through 5.
- Admission to Many Rivers is by lottery, and relative to Hall School student enrollment and staffing availability.
If you wish to explore Many Rivers as an option for your child, please join Jen Tuchinsky, a current Many Rivers parent, on Tuesday morning, March 3rd OR March 10th at 10:30AM for a guided tour of the classrooms, as well as a question and answer period. In the interim, please refer to the following website for further information: www.manyrivers.info or forward questions to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Please return the Lottery Application form (located under the "for Parents" tab) to Hall School by Friday March 20, 2015 if you wish to be entered into the lottery for the Many Rivers Program for your child.
Cynthia Remick, Hall School Principal